As a massage therapist and Reiki practitioner, I know about working with the three elements of the human body – the mental, the physical, and the spiritual. It is so important to balance the mind, body, and spirit to maintain our health. There are so many who don’t understand this. Today I want to share a bit about ways to do just that.
First, what does Mind, Body, Spirit mean? It means that our whole wellness comes from our Physical health, Mental health, and Spiritual health. When one or two are not balanced, we have illness occur.
There are many things we can do to take care of each element. For time sake, I’ll just share a few for each here. During the whole month of May, I’ll be posting more tips on Facebook and Instagram.
Stress can affect the balance of the Mind/Mental element hardcore! Adulting is stressful and we can’t avoid it(not if you want a place to live, food to eat, a family, and well a LIFE 🙂 ) Life is hard! We have to keep our Mind healthy.
- Taking a break from the daily grind.
- Walking outside among nature.
- Relaxing in a bubble bath.
- Enjoying a glass of wine with a friend.
- Unwinding while diffusing Lavender or Lime essential oil.
- Taking a mid-day nap.
We get told right away when our physical element needs balance. The messages might get ignored but they are sent all the same! If something doesn’t feel right, go see a healthcare practitioner! The earlier the better. Taking care of the body is even better.
- Eat a healthy diet.
- Walk 30 minutes daily.
- Get monthly massage and chiropractic sessions,
- Do exercise/aerobics 3 times a week.
- Support your body’s systems with dietary essential oils(be sure to read labels! I only ingest Young Living’s Vitality line of essential oils.)
- Take nutritional supplements.
Now the hot topic…the spiritual. There is a difference between being spiritual and being religious. They both help balance the spiritual element of the body. No matter which you are, take time to balance this element.
- Daily prayer.
- Do 10 minutes of meditation.
- Listen to music that speaks to your SOUL.
- Get a Reiki or Chakra Balance session.
- Diffuse or apply topically frankincense or Lavender essential oils.
- Attend religious(any religion) services/rituals.
These are just a few ways to help balance your Mind, Body, and Spirit. Some of these tips actually help balance all three at once, like massage with essential oils and walking in nature.
(All photos used are from http://www.pixabay.com)